Regardless of what your Maine small business sells, Portland radio reaches more of your customers than any other medium. Substantially more.
According to a study by Nielsen, after the content of the message is considered, reach is the most potent advertising element that can drive sales. Reach is more important than brand, recency, or context.
Last week, 703,000 Maine consumers were reached by their favorite Portland radio stations. This is vastly more than used any other local advertising medium including television, cable, newspaper, streaming audio (e.g., Pandora or Spotify), newspapers, or magazines.
Portland radio’s dominance among consumers extends across every imaginable business category. To prove the point, we profiled 21 different types of southern Maine consumers across a diverse spectrum of goods and services. In each case, radio delivered, by far the greatest reach.
Here are the profiles. Each reveals the percentage of a business category’s consumers in the Portland are who are reached by local advertising media. All profiles are from Nielsen, Portland, ME; Spring 2016/Spring 2017.
More Great Advice for Maine Small Business Owners
- The Most Remembered Business Brands Advertise On Portland Radio
- Small Business Owners Engage Maine Bridal Market On Portland Radio
- Portland Radio Helps Maine Small Business Overcome Hiring Challenges
- 5 Things Maine Business Owners Learned About Portland Radio This Year
- Your Best Customers Listen To Just 3 Portland Radio Stations
- Portland Radio Ranked Top Ad Medium For Maine Small Business Owners