Rewind 100.9 (WYNZ-FM), Saga Communications’ classic hits station in Portland, Maine, is seeking an on-air program director. If selected, you’ll work closely with the Market President and corporate Director of Group Programming to put forth a major-market-quality product in one of America’s most desirable places to live. Responsibilities include:
- Hosting a bright, entertaining, music-centric morning show targeting adults who graduated high school between 1984 and 1995,
- Music selection and scheduling for all dayparts,
- Writing and producing brand imaging that reinforces the station’s position as Southern Maine’s radio home for the 80’s and more,
- Hiring, scheduling and coaching of talent in all dayparts,
- Working closely with Northern New England’s best radio sales team to optimize revenues via creative promotions, outstanding commercial production and timely events.
Applicants must demonstrate at least three years’ experience successfully programming a foreground, music-intensive radio format in a rated market. Additional experience producing tight, live-sounding voice-tracked shows and strong commercial production skills are also mandatory. Native knowledge of New England, our history, our sports and our quirks are a plus.
If selected, you’ll work in exceptional facilities among audio professionals dedicated to their craft and committed to peerless execution of every facet of the radio medium.
Send resume and scoped audio samples to Rewind PD, Portland Radio Group, 420 Western Avenue, South Portland, Maine 04106. You may also e-mail to RewindPD@portlandradiogroup.com or fill out the online application below.
Position closes October 12, 2020.
Portland Radio Group and Saga Communications, Inc. is an EOE.