Call letters: WCLZ-FM, Portland/Brunswick
Branding: 98.9 WCLZ, Different is Good.
Format: Adult Album Alternative
Streaming: On mobile devices and Smart Speakers via the TuneIn App
What is WCLZ?
WCLZ is a radio station unlike any other. In fact, it might be best described as the “anti-radio radio station” for the following reasons:
- A music library containing thousands of songs spanning six decades of music including rock, blues, folk, country, Americana, jazz, and other genres you won’t hear anywhere else,
- Strictly limited commercial breaks with special attention to message tone and style to best ensure format cohesion and optimal advertiser results,
- On-air hosts who are less “disc jockey” and more “musicologist,” some of whom have been Portland radio staples for decades, like morning host Tim Wright and afternoon personality Jessie Brandon.
- WCLZ spearheads a number of annual green initiatives and prides itself on being the first carbon neutral radio station in the U.S.
- Our audience of passionate music lovers spans the globe and skews towards Men 35-54.
WCLZ Pairs Well With:
- Coast 93.1 or Whoopie 100.9 to access Men and Women 35-54 who prefer a more mainstream radio presentation and, by definition, comprise a larger cross-section of the consumer population.
Hottest Consumer Categories (Scarborough Research 2022-23):
- Plan to buy a home or improve their residence in the next year; more likely to own an EV or “green home”; dine out for international foods; love tennis, skiing and boarding;
- U2, Police, R.E.M., Adele, Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, Brandi Carlile, David Bowie, Bonnie Raitt
|Wendell Gee||Monday – Friday, 6am – 10am|
|Dominic||Monday – Friday, 10am – 3pm|
|Jessie Brandon||Monday – Friday, 3pm – 7pm|
|Jordan||Monday – Friday, 7pm – 11pm|
|Tommy C||Saturday, 3pm – 7pm|
Live from the Archives
Acoustic Coffee Break
Putumayo World Music Hour
Little Steven’s Underground Garage
Music From The 207