Call letters: WCLZ-FM, Portland/Brunswick
Branding: 98.9 WCLZ, Different is Good.
Format: Adult Album Alternative
Streaming: On mobile devices and Smart Speakers via the TuneIn App
What is WCLZ?
WCLZ is a radio station unlike any other. In fact, it might be best described as the “anti-radio radio station” for the following reasons:
- A music library containing thousands of songs spanning six decades of music including rock, blues, folk, country, Americana, jazz, and other genres you won’t hear anywhere else,
- Strictly limited commercial breaks with special attention to message tone and style to best ensure format cohesion and optimal advertiser results,
- On-air hosts who are less “disc jockey” and more “musicologist,” some of whom have been Portland radio staples for decades, like morning host Tim Wright and afternoon personality Jessie Brandon.
- WCLZ spearheads a number of annual green initiatives and prides itself on being the first carbon neutral radio station in the U.S.
- Our audience of passionate music lovers spans the globe and skews towards Men 35-54.
WCLZ Pairs Well With:
- Coast 93.1 or Rewind 100.9 to access Men and Women 35-54 who prefer a more mainstream radio presentation and, by definition, comprise a larger cross-section of the consumer population.
Nathaniel Rateliff, Joni Mitchell, Ray Lamontagne, The Grateful Dead, Brandi Carlile, Steely Dan, Black Pumas, Bruce Springsteen
Live from the Archives
Acoustic Coffee Break
Putumayo World Music Hour
Little Steven’s Underground Garage
Music From The 207